Monday, July 4, 2011

Oh, the People You'll Meet

I've had a very eventful past few days and I've been thinking a lot about relationships. My first thought is that the world is such a small place in reality. I have been making connections with people who have connections with people who have connections, and so on. The connectedness of it all astounds me. I love figuring out how each person fits in with the rest of my life.

The second - and maybe more important - insight is thinking about how various people have impacted my life and are impacting my life at this very moment. I meet new people all the time and I don't always stop to think about how they've each affected me. Sometimes people come into my life for a day or two and then I never see them again. Other times, someone new will come into my life and I don't expect much to come from the relationship but weeks later I realized that they've become an integral part of the world around me. I have been blessed recently to be able to build some new friendships that I know will last. But, at the same time, these new relationships remind me of ones that I've lost over the years. The main thing I'm learning through all this random pondering is just the inevitability of change. Life brings new experiences every day. Our job is to greet them and learn from each one as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment