Monday, June 27, 2011

(Purposefully) Untitled

We had our first real discussion tonight at the book study and my mind has a lot to process. I can't say that much got accomplished tonight for me personally but rather that much of what I already know was confirmed. I have to say that tonight also has got me thinking about how incredibly complex we humans are. Even in our group of about 15 people there are so many varying degrees of ideas and experiences. I enjoy that diversity, but I also sometimes wish there was one set answer, one path that everyone knows about. However, I have compiled a short list of statements that I think hold true in life:

1. Healthy communication is key to any relationship
2. If we women want men to be men, we need to expect them to be.
3. Every woman longs to be (and deserves to be) pursued.
4. Understanding of another human being can only really come from taking the time to get to know them
5. People (no matter the gender) will always surprise you

I also think I'm going to start adding a song to each post, something that relates to the post or to the day. Tonight's song is a bit of a joke, but also holds a decent amount of truth

No comments:

Post a Comment