Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Journey through Job: A challenge for us all

So, I've decided to try something very new for this blog of mine. From the loving critique of a good friend (ahem, Janet) as well as the promptings of the Holy Spirit, I have decided to spend the next several weeks going through the book of Job. Sure, I know the basic story and have read most of the book, but I have never done a real study on the person of Job and his trials with God.

Right now in my life, I believe God is really calling me to take a look at my faith. I have been insanely blessed in my life. God has carried me through every trial and has provided for me in every way. Now, as I draw ever closer to the time in my life where I will truly be independent, I want to make sure that I have a faith that goes beyond the comfortable, beyond the safe. I want a faith that can withstand the storms of life, no matter when they come or how they may look.

What I ask is simply for you all to join me. I would love to have some people go through the book with me (I plan to read a chapter a day, which makes 42 days.) We can share thoughts and insights. I plan to hopefully blog at least once a week about what God is showing me.

More importantly, I ask for prayer. I know full well that I am basically asking God to test me right now and, scary as that is, I am excited for it. But I know that Satan hates for us to try to draw closer to our Lord, so I ask for prayers for wisdom and protection.

This may sound strange to some of you and frankly, it's still a bit strange for me. This idea popped up rather abruptly (it's why I'm still awake at 11:10 on a weekday!) But I am choosing to take this very seriously. So if you are willing to journey with me, please text/call/message me and let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

I praise God for His blessings in my life every day. But if He did not bless me so, would I still praise His name? That is the question I am hoping to answer.

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely with you on this. This season of life has really been an awakening of sorts to the blessings I am constantly receiving. I'm so thankful to have a wonderful sister in Christ such as yourself to walk through this book with!
    All my love, JK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for an update!! :)

    ReplyDelete